Gen X Moms has moved to www.GenXMomsBlog.com. Don’t forget to update your bookmark!
Are you a Gen X Mom? Well, the quickest way to tell is to look at your driver’s license. No, not the part that says you weigh 130 pounds—your birthday. If you were born between 1965 and 1980, you’re a Gen Xer! If your license isn’t handy, you can take our helpful quiz below.
Answer yes or no to the following questions:
- Were you old enough to party like it’s 1999 when it was, in fact, 1999?
- When someone says “Stop,” do you ever add “Hammertime!” in your head?
- Despite their current popularity, do you know in your heart that the Jonas Brothers are just a cheap, tawdry knockoff of the New Kids?
- Do you remember having to actually get up to change the channel?
- Did you ever long for detention so you could be a part of the Breakfast Club?
- Did you ever make a mix tape?
- Did your skinny jeans have zippers at the ankle?
- Did you layer your slouch socks to match your puffy painted t-shirt?
- Did your vocabulary consist of phrases like “that’s rad” and “gag me with a spoon”?
- Do you have a kid?
If you answered yes to most or all of the above, then congratulations… you’re a Gen X Mom!