Gen X Moms has moved to www.GenXMomsBlog.com. Don’t forget to update your bookmark!
Yes, we admit it. We Gen X Mamas are Gleeks! Here are just some of the reasons why we “just can’t get enough” (hoping the cast sings this one in the future) of Glee.
- The Glee soundtrack includes many of our favorite songs from the 80’s, starting with the show’s signature hit Don’t Stop Believin’. Kudos to the rad Glee cast and creators for making these tunes hip again. Like Dancing With Myself, Jump, True Colors, Jessie’s Girl, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Madonna classics and so many more. We can’t wait to hear the next round of songs. The new album promises us the Safety Dance. If your friends don’t dance, they are no friends of ours!
- Glee isn’t afraid to tackle the big issues: teenage homosexuality, peer pressure, teen pregnancy, and how to make Hammer pants look good.
- Will Schuester proves that a Gen Xer can be hip, cool, and hot! Also that some older white guys can rap.
We appreciate good writing, especially the wicked tongue the Glee team have bestowed upon shameless Sue Sylvester. She’ll say anything to get her way. One favorite quote, “I like minorities so much I want to move to California to be one!”
- Kurt Hummel’s bold fashion statements and Rachel’s clueless ones. Kurt’s assessment, “Rachel manages to dress like a grandmother and a toddler at the same time.”
- Emma is so endearing, even with her OCD being so over the top. It makes all of our craziness as moms seem normal! Plus our counselors were never so stylish.
- We love any show that glamorizes being the outcast. Let’s face it. Most of us were in this category.
- Rachel Berry’s quest to be a star despite her flawed personality. She’s so annoying yet so vital to the success of the club. “Damn her talent!”
- No shortage of awesome guest stars. Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel, Olivia Newton-John, Neil Patrick Harris – the list goes on.
- Brittany’s dumb blonde one-liners; they keep us laughing throughout the week! We moms can always use the humor. Hey, did you know dolphins are gay sharks?
Please click here for more on Glee.
Filed under: Pop Culture | Tagged: Don't Stop Believin, Emma Pillsbury, Glee, Glee cast, Glee soundtracks, Gleeks, Jessie's Girl, Kurt Hummel, Madonna songs, Matthew Morrison, Rachel Barry, Rachel Berry, the legal eagle, the librarian, the photo addict, The Scrivener, Will Schuester |