Gen X Moms has moved to www.GenXMomsBlog.com. Don’t forget to update your bookmark!
Thanks everyone for playing along! Correct answers are in bold below!
I just love the Spin Cycle over at Sprite’s Keeper, but I rarely get a post up in time. So I’m getting an early start! This week’s Spin Cycle topic is quotations. Don’t we all love quotations? We use several in our daily lives in this house. See if you can identify them. First one to get them all right wins…my praise and admiration.
However, if you want to win a real prize, it’s not too late to enter our Conveniently Green Giveaway!
On to the quotes:
- You know those times where there’s a certain stink in the air, so you A) lift your child up to take a whiff at his bottom (something I swore I would never do), or B) pull back the diaper to take a peek, or C) actually get the kid in changing position only to find an empty diaper? We call those moments, “Sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Macbeth
- When something turns out to be a much heftier task than anticipated (such as a major diaper blowout): “We’re gonna need a bigger boat.” Jaws, of course!
- Got any cash? “I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!” Better Off Dead
- “It’s business time” Flight of the Conchords
- When trapped in the snow: “[Name] lay there like a slug. It was his only defense.” A Christmas Story
- “I wouldn’t touch that with a thirty-nine-and-a-half-foot-pole” How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- “Mutha Ucka!” Flight of the Conchords again
- “I wish you could meet my girlfriend, my girlfriend who lives in Canada” (or just shortened to “He’s the kind of guy who has a girlfriend in Canada”) Avenue Q–see it!
- “And now, a commercial directed toward the elderly” This was a very brief one-liner in a recent episode of 30 Rock when Jack is on the tv talk show.
- “That’s what she said” The Office
Take your best guesses, and leave your own favorite quotes in the comments!
Head over to Sprite’s Keeper for some more Spin Cycle.